Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday Morning Hangover in Brooklyn

Sitting on a bench in Cobble Hill park watching a child's birthday party. All the Brooklyn parents - around my age... Maybe a few years older. The kids ranging from 0-4 years old. The dads remind me of my college friends as they chat over pizza and the Moms hold babies & chat too. Everyone calling after the kids that wander too far away... Milo! Marlow! Ruby! Ella! Come back over here.


I sit on this bench, eat my bagel & nurse this hangover... feeling like I wandered into a film. "This is your life" had you chosen door #1. This is the ghost of the future or the past or the something... You live in our building, on our street, in our neighborhood, but we don't inhabit the same world.

Its time for the kids' naps as the party comes to a close and I head home for my nap too.


No comments:

Post a Comment